Making course mods and reviewing
You have to import, run an impact report, complete Area A, validate and launch your course BEFORE you can modify a proposal. The steps and videos below will guide you through the process.
Where do I find curriculog?
- Or from the Curriculog website.
- After clicking on the Curriculog link click on Login located on the top right side
First - Start and Import
- If two or more faculty are collaborating on a course mod, complete all collaboration before this step. Only one person can be the originator.
- Collaborators can use the Watch List to keep track of the proposal.
- Choose a course mod template
- Import the course you are modifying
- The import a course feature allows you to see what the current version of a course has in it without modifying it.
- Don't make ANY changes at this point!
Second - Run an Impact Report
- This tells you all the places this course is used
- Which programs if any will be effected by your change
- Who you will need to notify and consult
- Don't make ANY changes at this point
Third - Complete Area A and Fourth - Validate and Launch
- Before clicking the Validate and Launch button complete Area A
- Area A contains 8 routing questions
- The information given during this step routes the proposal to various departments to assure that the changes are implemented
- Don't make ANY changes at this point (except for answering questions A1-8)
- Launching your proposal essentially 'turns on' Track Changes
- After it is launched you are able to make changes
Fifth - Modify the course
Things to remember when modifying
- After you make changes, be sure to mark the coresponding boxes in the Summary of Changes at the bottom of the page
- If you miss a check box you run the risk of not having the modifications made
- The check boxes alert the people who have to make the changes in GET
- Make use of the 'User Tracking' choose 'Show current with markup' to show 'track changes'
Sixth - Make your decision
- Making your decision moves the course to the next level
- After you move it forward you are no longer able to make any changes
- Make sure all modifications are complete, justifications address all changes, and all changes have a corresponding check box checked
Print your proposal
- After you have approved your proposal it's a good idea to print a digital copy for your records (or your RTP file).
- Click the Print icon
- Click the 'print options' button and the window shown below pops up. You can choose the various options or just click Print Proposal and it prints the whole proposal to a PDF.
Review a proposal
- For curriculuar review committe members, after logging into Curriculog (see instructions above), the proposals that you must review will be found in the 'My Tasks' tab
- I highly suggest that you click on the Discussion icon and choose the Show Current with Markup from the User Tracker panel
- Clicking on 'Show Current with Markup' allows you to click on 'Showing all edits by all users.' You can choose who's edits you want to see and it identifies them by color.
- You can also see who and when changes were made by hovering over the changes.
- A watch list allows you to keep track of a proposal without having to search for it every time.
- It also allows collaborators to view the propsoal easily and suggest edits to the originator.
- Clicking the bookmark icon at the right side a proposal puts it on your watch list.
- Clicking it again, removes it from your list